Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Death of a family member

I'm not sure what to rant about this time.
Do I think all dogs need to be locked up with the key thrown into depths unreachable to all life?
I think pitbulls and any combination thereof need that exact treatment.
They destroy lives.
My cat was killed the night before last by my neighbor's pitbull, and I think my love for dogs died with my cat.
I know it may sound crazy, but Waffles was my best friend for a long time. He listened to me when I needed to talk to somebody. He was there for affection when I needed to be reminded that I'm loved by something. He was the best cuddle buddy I have ever witnessed. He was the all around best friend I could ask for.
Then he went missing for quite some time...which was very unlike him.
I thought he had run into hiding because that big mean dog next door was out again. Because of that loud bang on the front porch that very night.
He had gone into hiding, but that was before the bang...that bang was the dog finding my poor baby and running into the porch to kill him.
The next morning we found him. Fortunately I wasn't the one to find him, but the news hit me hard all the same.
My cat was dead.
My best friend.
My baby.
Gone.
And why?
Because this mangy dog got loose and couldn't be caught until it was too late for Waffles.
Taking in his food and water bowl was painful beyond words.
Walking up to the house stops me in my tracks because he doesn't jump up onto the porch to greet me.
At dinner time I only have one pet to feed.
My entire daily schedule is messed up because of that foul beast.
My friend that I relied on comfort in times like this gone.
I loved him so very much, and for him to be taken like this is outrageous.
Dogs like my neighbor's are dangerous, and if they are to be continued to be allowed to be bred and taken care of, stricter laws need to be put in place and enforced to keep the rest of society safe.
Maybe if this does happen my cat will not have died in vain.

No comments:

Post a Comment